Saturday, September 26, 2015

How do I: Paint Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew Part 2 (Clothes)


Part 2 of my way of painting Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew for my Skorne army.


Paints needed:

- Doombull (GW)
- Karak Stone (GW)
- Nuln Oil (GW)
- Carroburg Crimson (GW)
- Lamenters Yellow (GW)

- Mournfang Brown (GW)
- (Valejo)
- Jakero Orange (GW)

- Menphistos Red (GW)
- Agrax Eartshade (GW)
- Evil Sunz Scarlet (GW)

Black Leather


1) This is my take on doing black leather. The good part is you can make it with different color by changing the wash you use. First, I give a nice coat of Doombull Brown.


2) The contrast of this highlight might be a little hard but it will tone down with the wash after. Highlight the edges with Karak Stone.


3) Now, lets do a Nuln Oil wash, but not too much. It will create some shade and tone down the contrast.


4) This step is optional, it will give some color to the leather. In my case, I used Carroburg Crimson and Lamenters Yellow. I used both to make some difference between the hat and the cloth.


Light Leather


5) One of the Gobber have an bag on him. This will be our next step. We will paint it in light/Orange leather. First, is a coat of Mournfang Brown.



6)The first highlight was with .... Leaving only the recesses in the previous color.


7) And an edge highlight with Jakero Orange. Only on the top.



Red clothes


8) Around their neck, they have some kind of clothes. I decided to paint those in red to connect this model to my army, Skorne. I started with a coat of Menphistos Red.


9) I washed it with Agrax Eartshade.


10) And to finish, I did two highlights Menphistos Red and Evil Sunz Scarlet



And that was the end of part 2. Part 3, I will go trough metallic parts, belts and small details. Hope you enjoyed and see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment