Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Helios Rising Introduction: The Quest Begins (Eldar Vs CSM)




In a world control by the Word Bearers, Eldar has been spotted looking around for something. A sorcerer launched a surprise attack has the Eldar try to leave the planet. Why does Eldar come thus far? Looking for what?

Here is the Chaos list:

CAD:

Chaos Sorcerer; Jump Pack, ML3, Power Axe, Burning Brand of Skalanthrax, Gift of mutation (CC have instant death) and Sigil

15 Cultists with Champion, 13 Autogun and 1 Stubber
11 Cultists with Champion, 1 Flamer
10 CSM, Champion, 2 plasma gun

2 Spawns
2 Spawns
9 Raptors with champion (Power Sword) and 2 Flamers

1 Obliterator
1 Obliterator


And the Eldar list:

CAD:
Farseer; ML3, Singing Spear, The spirit Stone of Anath'lan

7 Dire Avengers with Exarch (Power weapon and shimmershield)
7 Dire Avengers with Exarch (TL Shuriken Catapult)

6 Howling Banshees with Exarch (Executioner and Shuriken Pistol)

6 Shadow Spectres with Exarch (Prism Blaster)

Aspect Host Formation:

5 Warp Spiders with Exarch
5 Warp Spiders with Exarch
5 Dark Reapers with Exarch

Fortification:

Skyshield Landing Pad (representing the Eldar Portal)



We used a mission called "Strong point Attack Mission" from the old rulebook with Word Bearers as the attacker and Eldar as defender. We also included 6 Sentries for the Eldar player to deploy that will detect the attacker if they move within 6" of them. Until the attacker detection, the defender is inactive.

Word Bearers Objective: Capture the farseer (To do so, he needs to die in CC)
Eldar Objective: Flee with the Farseer (Every Psychic phase, the Farseer can use one power dice to try activate the portal on a 4+. He needs 3 Warp Charge to activate)

Deployment:




Word Bearers: 2 Spawns and one obliterator on each side, Cultist with CC weapon on the left, CSM on the right. In the center we have the Autogun Cultist and the Raptors with the Sorcerer. He got Psychic Shriek, Dominate, Invisibility and Hallucination.

Eldar: On the Pad he has the Farseer in one unit of Avengers and Dark Reapers. Behind them the Banshees and on the left another unit of Avengers. Spiders and Specters are coming by deepstrike. The farseer got Guide, Will of Asurian, Fortune and a witchfire.


Sentries Turn 1:



Movement: This is just to show the Sentries movement. We need to roll a dice to determine who is getting control of the sentries and the Word Bearers took control of only one. So 5 of the sentries are getting close already.


CSM Turn 1:



Movement: I am trying to move forward, avoiding the Sentries. Not much during this phase.

Psychic: We decided to play Psychic Shriek as a sniper, so I will not be detected by killing Sentries. I do kill the one in front of me and I put Invisibility on myself.

Shooting: Nothing, because if I take a shoot, I will be detected automatically.

Close Combat: Nothing either.


Sentries Turn 2:


Movement:  I succeeded to stay undetected.


CSM Turn 2:



Movement: Moving everyone to get into position. The 2 units of Spawns can make some charge. Moving closer the Obliterators, Cultists and Raptors to try and shoot things. At this point, the sentries detected me.

Psychic: Invisibility goes of but doing a wound on my sorcerer due to a peril of the warp, and Hallucination giving -1BS to the Reapers.

Shooting: Shooting goes poorly, I manage to kill 2 Avengers on the left side, 1 Banshee and 1 Dark Reaper.

Close Combat: The Spawns on the left failed their charge loosing one of them to overwatch. On the right, they succeeded to charge but I loose one of them due to overwatch and Close Combat. I did nothing to the Avengers.



Eldar Turn 3:


Movement: The 2 units of Spiders arrived. One behind the Raptors and the other close to my CSM. For movement, he pulled back the Avengers farther in the forest and bring the Banshees out to help with the Spawn.

Psychic: I don't really remember all his spells but it's not a huge deal. Doesn't really affect the game. And he failed to open the portal.

Shooting: Finish the Spawn on the left and they put some wounds on the Obliterator on the left. He killed a few Cultist with the Spiders. And the Spiders on the right did nothing.

Close Combat: His Banshees charged finishing the Spawn.


CSM Turn 3:



Movement
:
 I need to go faster, so I move up my Raptors. My CSM try to close his Spiders and Cultist get prepared to charge the other unit of Spiders. The CC Cultist moves up.

Psychic: Just Invisibility goes off.

Shooting: I killed 2 Spiders with the CSM. One Obliterator gets Hot. The other one did a wound to the Banshees. But the BBoS kills one more Dark Reaper and leave only 3 Banshees left on the unit.

Close Combat: I failed my charge with the Raptors. And my cultist just got annihilated by the Spiders.


Eldar Turn 4:


Movement: The Specters arrived but scatter of and go on going reserve. Spiders moves up. Avengers with the Farseer just move back, putting the Banshees in front.

Psychic: He activated the portal with 1 Warp Charge. He also casted Will of Asurian and Fortune>

Shooting: Spiders and Avengers on the right shoot the CSM killing all but 3. Left Avengers do the same with the cultist and Spiders try to shoot the Raptors but with Invisibility, they do nothing.

Close Combat: No Close Combat


CSM Turn 4:


Movement: I really need this charge, so I move up my Raptors as close as I can from the Avengers. Cultists rally.

Psychic: I totally fail to cast Invisibility. If I fail my charge, I am dead.

Shooting: I try to shoot a little the unit of Avengers but I don't want to kill to much and fail my charge so I restrain to fire the flamers.

Close Combat: And CC is coming. I succeed my charge with the Raptors and challenge with the Sorcerer. He accept with the Exarch. He did nothing to me, I killed him and win a Wound back from the Boone Table. My Raptors goes killing all the Avengers, leaving the Farseer with one wound. Time for the Champion to shine. And he succeeded to do one wound to the Farseer, giving the Chaos victory.


The mission was a success for the Word Bearers, and with the Farseer captured, it will not take long to find out what they were looking for.



Eldar's body are weak but their mind are strong, even stronger for the Farseer and it took the Word Bearers a few months to crack it open but it was worth it. The information given by the Farseer was an opportunity for the Word Bearers. This Infinity Network the Farseer spoke about seems of great power. It could be use to destroy world with a blink of an eye and now, the Word Bearers knew where to find it. And so, their new quest begins....


No comments:

Post a Comment