Sunday, June 26, 2016

Mordheim Warband: Skaven (And first game)





Hi guys,

With some friends, we started a Mordheim campaign. At the beginning, I was playing Pirates (with diferent rules) but didn't do to good. My friend was playing Skaven, and he too, was not doing so good so we changed our warband. I took Skaven and he started Reiklanders. We started far behind so we decided to play a game for he and I to level up a little.



Here is my Skaven Warband before the game:

Assassin Adept:
-Stats: M6. WS4. BS4. S4. T3. W1. I5. A1. LD7
-Items: Brace of warplock pistols, Sword, Dagger
-Skills:

Eshin Sorcerers:
-Stats: M5. WS3. BS3. S3. T3. W1. I4. A1. LD6
-Items: FightingClaws
-Skills: Gnawdoom (Spell)

Black Skaven:
-Stats: M6. WS4. BS3. S4. T3. W1. I5. A1. LD6
-Items: FightingClaws
-Skills:

Black Skaven:
-Stats: M6. WS4. BS3. S4. T3. W1. I5. A1. LD6
-Items: Halberd, Throwingstars
-Skills:

Night Runners:
-Stats: M6. WS2. BS3. S3. T3. W1. I4. A1. LD4
-Items: Sling, Sword, Club
-Skills:

Night Runners:
-Stats: M6. WS2. BS3. S3. T3. W1. I4. A1. LD4
-Items: Sling, Sword, Dagger
-Skills:

Verminkin x3:
-Stats: M5. WS5. BS3. S3. T3. W1. I4. A1. LD5
-Items: Sling, Club, Dagger

Verminkin x2:
-Stats: M5. WS5. BS3. S3. T3. W1. I4. A1. LD5
-Items: Club, Dagger

Nothing really special, expensive gear because I like it and only 5 Slings because thats the house rule of our group (limited at 5 for Skavens). I don't think it's much of a problem for me. I didn't wanted to play a Sling spam.

Here is a small introduction and a summary of the first game.


We are 3 players here, Skaven (Myself), Reiklanders and Undead.

The table set up is a little bit weird, we (Reiklanders and I) deploy on the right and we need to go out from the crypt on the left. In the middle, a tower with a Necromancer and his bodyguard. It is possible for us to win some gear and exp if we kill them. Some Wyrdstone are also scattered around. The game stop when we arrive in the last zone, no rout test possible.

The table is devided in 3 Zone in the middle we activate it when we enter it and zombies already inside will move toward the closest model. They are D3 zombies coming from random table edge in the middle, and we add a D3 for each activated zone. Also, when is no more model in the deployement zone, D6 Zombies are coming from there everyturn, plus a D6 for each atcivated zone this is to push to move. When we activat the second zone, the necromancer start casting spells for the tower windows.

So, Reiklanders and Skaven decided that undead were enough so no fighting between each other but not helping either. Reiklanders don't need rats to accomplish their mission.

SUMMARY:

We didn't got anytime to go for the necromancer kill, we had 40 zombie on our ass, we had to move forward and we had so much zombies coming from everywhere. It was really fun, like an horror movie. You can see it from this 2 pictures:


In the first picture, we are all on the tower zone, everything in the left are zombies, and it was a lot.


On this picture, you can see the street filled with zombies...

But my Skaven succeed to access the exit and stop the game. Thanks to a Verminkin standing in the middle of the street, alone, in front of the horde, my assasssin survived but we were swarm. The Reiklanders didn't do well, a lot of dead but thanks to good roll after match, nothing to bad happened.

Both our warband were at +3 exp for being underdog compare to the first one of the campaign (this game was for us to level up our warband). So here is my warband after the game.

Assassin Adept:
-Stats: M6. WS4. BS5. S4. T3. W1. I5. A1. LD7
-Items: Brace of warplock pistols, Sword, Dagger
-Skills:

Eshin Sorcerers:
-Stats: M5. WS3. BS3. S3. T3. W1. I4. A3. LD6
-Items: FightingClaws
-Skills: Gnawdoom (Spell)

Black Skaven:
-Stats: M6. WS4. BS3. S4. T4. W1. I5. A1. LD6
-Items: FightingClaws
-Skills: Art of Silent Death

Black Skaven:
-Stats: M6. WS4. BS3. S4. T3. W1. I5. A3. LD6
-Items: Halberd, Throwingstars
-Skills:

Night Runners:
-Stats: M6. WS2. BS3. S3. T3. W1. I4. A1. LD5
-Items: Sling, Sword, Club
-Skills: Infiltration

Night Runners:
-Stats: M6. WS2. BS3. S3. T3. W1. I4. A1. LD4
-Items: Sling, Sword, Dagger
-Skills: Infiltration, Eagle Eyes

Verminkin x3:
-Stats: M5. WS3. BS4. S3. T3. W1. I4. A1. LD5
-Items: Sling, Club, Dagger

Verminkin x4:
-Stats: M5. WS3. BS3. S3. T3. W1. I4. A2. LD5
-Items: Club, Dagger

Verminkin x3:
-Stats: M5. WS3. BS4. S3. T3. W1. I4. A1. LD5
-Items: Club, Dagger

This is the state of my warband ready for bigger fight. My warband rate is 170 and one of my opponent playing Norse (200+ rating warband) decided that I was a threat and will try to take me down next game. Is warband is full of crazy berserkers with 3 Hire Sword... I plan on routing as soon as I can, like a Skaven, I can't face them yet....

Normally will should play every 2 weeks but, because of summer holidays, we will start iagain in september. 

No comments:

Post a Comment