Monday, June 8, 2015

40k Battle Report: 1500 Khorne Daemonkin Vs Necron


My first 40k battle report. Any critics that can make it better are welcome. Lest start with my army list.

Slaughtercult:
Chaos Lord on Juggernaut; Blood-forged Armour, Power Fist, Lightning Claw and Sigil

8 Cultists with Champion
8 Cultists with Champion
1 Spawn
1 Spawn
5 Possessed with champion
8 Bloodletters
10 CSM: 2 Melta, Rhino with Dozer Blade and Havoc Launcher

Gorepack:
3 Bikes: Champion Melta Bomb, 2 Melta
3 Bikes: Champion Melta Bomb, 2 Melta
10 Flesh Hounds

War Engine x2:
Maulerfiend
Maulerfiend


And his list was:

Reclamation:
Lord with Orb (and more stuff)
10 Immortal in Night Scythe
10 Warriors
10 Warriors in Ghost Ark
10 Warriors in Ghost Ark
3 Tomb Blade with Shadowloom
3 Tomb Blade with Shadowloom

Canoptek Harvest:
1 Spyder
5 Wraiths
3 Scarabs

Terrain:


All the building are 5+ cover save, same as the crater. The battle chronicler sign are objectives (until I do some nice component for that). In the middle of the board, a nice statue stand.
We are playing Spoils of War (where you can steal your opponent objectives)


Deployment:



I win the dice roll and I decided to go first. My lord is inside the unit of dogs, In each of his flank a Maulerfiend. A fast left flank with the bikes and the other flank, annoyance! He deploy the hard killing stuff in the middle and just the unit of warriors with his lord on the right. First mistake of the game, I scouts the dogs and lord inside the ruins in front of Maulerfiend 2.



Luckily..... for him, he steal first turn


Necrons Turn 1:

Movement: He moves everything up but keep the Warriors close to Objective 4, to get the point.

Shooting: I felt good about his shooting, he only succeed to kill 2 Hounds and put a wound on one. He also put a wound on a spawn.

Combat: Nothing

Khorne Turn 1:

Movement: I move everything up, ready for the charge, and I just feel my mistake. Why did I scouts???? I keep the Cultists on the objective but move them inside the crater. CSM disembark to take some shoots. The Dogs move out of the way of the Maulerfiend so he can attempt to charge something.

Shooting:Bolt guns and Melta from the CSM kills 2 Warriors. Melta from the Bikes kill 1 Tomb Blade. That's not bad, knowing that I don't have a lot of shooting.

Combat: That's where things start to go wrong. Bikes charge the 2 remaining Tomb Blades doing nothing to them with their 13 Attacks, while the Tomb Blades with their 2 Attacks kills one bike. The Maulerfiend charge the Wraith, doing nothing (as expected). The other maulerfiend charge the Tomb Blades and Fails. The wounded Spawn charge the Warriors and die to the over watch (they did 3 Wounds and could have killed the other spawn) and the last Spawn fail his/her charge.

Overall, not a very good turn. I gave him first blood and I didn't get any objective points. So score is:
Necron: 2
Khorne: 0 (and 2 Blood Points)

Necrons Turn 2:

Movement: His Night Scythe arrive and drop the Immortal in front of the Dogs. Warriors on foot move a little. And the other things just shift around.

Shooting: He wants to take out the Maulerfiend and he succeed with the half of the Ghost Ark, and the Warriors inside (I made no save at all). The other half of the Ghost Ark (10 shots) kill 4 Possessed. Shooting from the Warriors on foot kill 2 CSM. Tomb Blades and Immortal shoot the Dogs and kill 5 of them. And the remaining Ghost Ark just kill all the bike squad.

Combat: He charges the Scarab and Spider in the Dogs with the Lord. Does nothing and I also do nothing. The Wraith puts a wound on the Maulerfiend. And the Tomb Blades on the left kill another bike while I do nothing to them. He also fail a charge with the Warriors on foot and thanks to that, he steal one of my objective.

Khorne Turn 2

Blood Tithe: 5 and I use them to get +1 Attack on the whole army and the Furious Charge, Rage bonus for the detachment.

Movement: Not a lot to do. Bloodletters arrive (Top left), CSM moves up to charge, the Spawn left do the same. Cultist take an objectif and Rhino moves up to fire his Havocs Launchers.

Shooting: I succeed to kill 1 Immortal with the Havocs Launcher. And 1 Warrior on foot fall from the CSM shooting.

Combat: Make the charge with the Spawn and the CSM. I feel confident, he has is Lord inside but with the number of attack I get (CSM 4 each, and Spawn 2+D6). Well, I kill 2 Warriors!!!! He kills my Champion and 4 CSM. He also do a wound on the Spawn. I flee with the CSM. In the center, it's not going better. He kills 2 Dogs and I do nothing again. He also succeed to kill the Maulerfiend with the Wraith and he kills the last Bike on the left.

Score:
Necron: 6
Khorne: 1 (and 2 Blood Points)

So to resume here is his dead pile:

I killed 5 Warriors, 1 Immortal and 1 Tomb Blade.He killed 2 Maulerfiends, 6 Bikes, 9 Dogs, 4 Possessed, 1 Spawn and 7 CSM. I decided to forfait. I have nothing with punch left on the table et he is far ahead in objectives points while loosing no units. 

What should I have done differently:

- No Scouts with the Dogs, I could have charge him turn 1.
- Having to much useless little unit (2 Spawn and 2 Cultists Squade), I will keep one squad of Culist and chage the other thing for a Soulgrinder with Phlegm Bombardment. 
-My Lord will also give up is Armour for an Axe of khorne to go with a Power Fist. 

I think I will play against him soon, what advise can you give me???


No comments:

Post a Comment